Transitional and Housing Support Program
You are unsure about leaving your abusive relationship because you don’t know how you could meet your needs and those of your children?
You need help in your search for suitable accommodation?
You are thinking of going back to work or to school?
Call the Maison Interlude House Outreach Services between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday at
The Transitional and Housing Support Program is for you. A counsellor can help you with the following:
Helping you prepare a safety plan that will meet your needs and those of your children, teens.
Assessing your needs
Developing with you an action plan according to your needs and assess your children/teens’ needs in order to refer them to appropriate services and programs.
Advising and supporting you in your efforts towards a life without violence.
Finding and maintaining an adequate housing:
- Room and board;
- Subsidized or private housing.
- Housing unit visits;
- Purchase of furniture and accessories;
- Hydro (first deposit);
- Food Bank;
- Legal Aid Clinic;
- Court (Crime Victims Compensation);
- Court (landlord/tenant);
- Small Claims Court.
- Birth certificate/Health card;
- Social Insurance Number;
- Ontario Works, ODSP;
- Employment and Immigration;
- Canada Pension Plan;
- Trillium (drug plan).
- Preparing and maintaining a budget;
- Tips and ways to save money.
- Looking at options to go back to work/school;
- Writing a CV, prepare for an interview.