Our Mission, Vision, Values and Approach
Maison Interlude House is a Francophone organization offering a range of services, in French and in English, in the counties of Prescott, Russell, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry to help support women, their children and youth, in building a future without violence.
Maison Interlude House is recognized as an essential hub to break the cycle of violence.
Our approach is feminist
What is the feminist approach?
- An approach that denounces myths and stereotypes based on gender, orientation, culture or social status.
- An approach that informs and proposes solutions rather than imposing them.
- An approach that encourages women to regain their dignity and confidence in their abilities, so that they can regain control of their lives and promote their autonomy.
- An approach that empowers women to make decisions about their own lives.
- Promote awareness of women's situation.
- Promote solidarity and mutual support among women.
- Develop solidarity between women's groups.
- Develop women's self-esteem as individuals and as members of a community.
- Validate women's personal experiences with a historical perspective.
Roles of our workers
- Establish a relationship of trust and equality.
- Be personally and socially involved in interventions.
- Communicate and explain the various tools used in the feminist approach.
- Work with women while respecting their world of reference (culture, experiences).