Your safety and your children’s safety are in danger? You need a place to go and think about it?
Call us at 613-632-1131 or 1-800-267-4101.
- Offers a safe, welcoming and accessible place
- 24/7 crisis phone line
- Individual safety plan that meets your everyday needs as well as the safety of your children/teens
- Individual counselling
- Understanding the cycle of violence and its impact
- Express your feelings
- Help you regain your self-confidence
- Support you in order for you to take informed decisions
- Take your life back
- Referrals to different appropriate services and programs
Individual counselling to children-teens:
Shelter - Children-Teen Program
Services offered to the mothers during their stay:
- Listening to them and giving them the necessary tools to understand the actual situation.
- Expressing their emotions.
- Cycle of violence.
- Coping with changes within the family.
- Safety plan.
- Recreational activities periods.
- Assessing your needs and empowering you in your role as a parent.
- Supporting you in your efforts concerning your children.
- Referring you to appropriate programs in the community.
- Follow-up services after leaving MIH are offered to school-age children to help with the transition from the shelter to their new home.